29 November 2009

RIP: Lee Frias



Sigh. Just heard from my mom that my uncle Lee just passed away. Not sure how old he was, but I'm guessing he was in his mid 90s. He was a beautiful man, always helping whenever people needed help, never a cross word, a gentle man who I only recently found out was in the Battle of the Bulge during World War II...

He and my aunt were the original reason I travel as I do. In their working days, they would work extremely hard for 10 or 11 months of the year, then take the off-time and simply go places. They were always cruising, flying to far-away locations, enjoying whatever culture they found.

They weren't rich in physical things, but so very wealthy in family and living life itself... They always had time for my mother and family when we needed someone...

I wish my aunt all the love and support she deserves for her future. The holidays simply won't be the same this year...

Vaya con dios, tio...

No comments: