26 March 2009

Swing, Swing, Swing

[ edited to add names as they become known ]


Shoes  74286cxSatyrday past, I was invited to watch a friend dance in the Savoy Swing Jam contest at the Oddfellows Hall in Ballard.

Having hosted a radio show featuring Swing on KBCS, the station where almost everyone alive has hosted at one time or another, it was fascinating to note my love of the music was no more passionate than that of the audience or the dancers on the floor. As well, it was a surprise nice to find a few friends and acquaintances from my "other" lives also participating or simply enjoying foot-stompin' tunes.

Among the things I learned: Don't assume the lenses you thought to bring will handle the lighting conditions. I actually did bring what would probably have been the "right" lens, but forgot I had it. Given the remembered "choices," I still ended up with a few of decent shots, including one accidental, but the number of good was tapered by the number that could have been good had there been enough light (hence, the need to use the right equipment, not just what you remember packing :) )...

Here are a few of my favourite shots from the day. Enjoy!

Skye



Robin Nunnally, winner of
the Solo Jazz event
Jazz 74304x

102  74283cx




















and my favourite of the day, a young pianist asking for attention:

Junior Pianist  74215ccx

No comments: