23 August 2009

Satyrday, Juanita Bay

I'm not big on chasing rarities, in part because I'm so poor at it, but I was headed to a party in the general neighbourhood later in the evening, decided to give both of them a go.

About 1430 or so, the Franklin's Gull at Juanita Beach was as easy as any. S/he was waiting for me on the hot sands of the swimming area, not too far from a number of Ring-billed juveniles. S/he gave me about 2 minutes undisturbed before flying towards a BBQ in search of fast food. Once in the crowd, I lost him/her...

I then headed over the Juanita Bay Park in search of the Red-naped Sapsucker. I ended up finding two sapsuckers, one of which my poor photograph believes could be the RNSA, but I'm not 100% sure...


Also around at JBP were six Wood Duck males in eclipse, a single Great Blue Heron, and Barn Swallows in multitude; they appeared to be the only swallows in the neighbourhood...

No comments: