06 May 2009

2006: Making a List

Among the many items I need to check:

-- All Bills are taken care of, either paid in full, or executed automagickally

-- Items not travelling with me are in storage, safely so

-- Folks who should be on "the List" are ON the mailing list, and folks who do not wish to be have been removed.

This is where you come in. If you receive this email and/or blog entry and do not wish to be on the list, just let me know... You will be removed ASAP...

For everyone else, welcome back! We are days away from lift-off at Casa de Mes Amies near Seward Park (just southeast of Seattle), and almost everything on my to-do list has been taken care of. Tickets have been purchased, car has been rented (expensive), friends and family have been notified, and I'll start packing in the next day or two. I'm hoping to take just two bags for the entire trip: one of those bags will contain all camera and computer equipment (heavy carry-on); the other, clothing (very light check-in).

While this may seem to be a fairly silly thing to do given the difference in weight, it is incredibly important for the most expensive items to make the journey in one piece, without an unwanted change in ownership, or requiring replacement or repair. The clothes, I can purchase enough to get me by for a lot less than the cheapest repair or replacement on the electronics.

For what it's worth, I'm really jazzed about returning to Europe. From the time I was a kid, I've always wanted to travel. For one reason or another, travel came to me later than sooner. I'm just glad I'm healthy and self-sufficient enough to be able to enjoy the little sojourns that make life so interesting.

Until next time...

No comments: